Warm Grilled Squid, Chorizo, Peach, Pomegranate and Almond Salad, with a Saffron and Caviar Aioli
1 tsp cider vinegar
Pinch of saffron threads
4 tbsp mayonnaise
1 clove of garlic crushed
2 ripe peaches
200g cured chorizo sausage
500g cleaned squid and tentacles
3 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
Salt and pepper
1 medium red onion sliced
100g pomegranate seeds
2 ripe tomatoes chopped
50g salted marcona almonds, roughly chopped
1. In a small bowl infuse the saffron threads with the vinegar; then add the mayonnaise, garlic, and caviar. Season with pepper and set aside.
2. Cut the peaches in half, remove the stones, and cut into chunks and set aside.
3. Heat a griddle pan and grill the sausages for 3 minutes on each side or until nicely charred, remove and leave to rest.
4. Grill the squid and tentacles for 3 minutes on each side, or until nicely charred. Remove and leave to rest.
5. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the rapeseed oil and molasses. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the red onion pomegranate seeds, tomato and peach. Slice the chorizo and squid, then add to the bowl, and mix well.
7. Serve with the mayonnaise and sprinkle with almonds.